Everyone in this modern era has more than one email address that can be either from the same or different email providers like Yahoo, Gmail, etc. It is observed that every email application is different in its own way because of its technical features. Hence, there occurs a situation wherein the users want to access multiple accounts in a single place or maybe some other reasons such as to protect Yahoo email account from Hackers. Users add their accounts to desktop applications such as MS Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
Also Read: How to Move Emails from One Zoho Account to Anohter?
MS Outlook offers to configure five different email applications at once. This will allow you to manage multiple accounts easily. By understanding all these requirements, we have stated some procedures to guide you on how to add Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013 in a simple way. But before this let us see the user’s query and solution on this.
I have been using MS Outlook 2021 for a long time to manage my business emails and also I do own an account in Yahoo Mail too. How can I add my Yahoo mail account to Outlook 2016? so that I can easily manage my Yahoo mails. Could someone guide me to configure the same?
Instant Solution – Add Yahoo Mail emails to Outlook in just a couple of minutes using the Yahoo Mail Backup tool. Download the tool and add Yahoo to Outlook instantly.
Steps to Use the Tool to Add Yahoo Account to Outlook
Step-1: Get tool and open on your computer.
Step-2: Add id and password to login your account.
Step-3: Select PST file format and browse location.
Step-4: Click Start to add Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
Solution – Configuration Of Yahoo In Outlook 2016 Application
The below steps explain the process to configure a Yahoo account to Outlook email,
- Firstly, sign in to your Yahoo mail account
- Click on the Menu (gear) button and select Account Info
- Then, click Account security and turn on the Allow apps that use a less secure sign-in option
Note: The above option is not available if two-step verification is enabled to the account. If it is enabled, then create an app password before proceeding.
The below process will explain how to add Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2016, 2019, and 2021 manually. Follow the steps to configure the Yahoo account in the Outlook application.
- Now, open the Outlook email application.
- Go to File>>Info and click on the Add Account button.
- From there, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next.
- After that, select the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
- Now, add the account and Yahoo mail server information as follows.
- On the User Information, mention the first and last name.
- For Server Information, set Account Type as IMAP and Incoming mail server as imap.mail.yahoo.com and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) as smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- On the Logon Information, mention the credentials of the Yahoo account.
- Then, click More Settings and select the Outgoing Server tab to add Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
- Check the option corresponding to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- From the same settings, open the Advanced tab, mention the following settings and click OK.
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Then, click Next, it will start the configuration process and may take some time.
- After successful completion, a pop-up will be displayed as shown below, and click Close.
- Once the configuration is successfully completed, click Finish.
- Restart Outlook and Click on Send/ Receive all Folders option.
- Now, the emails from Yahoo will start syncing with Outlook which will ultimately help to manage the account.
How Can I add my yahoo email to outlook 2013 & resolve this issue of pop-up error message such as, “Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login, getting after providing username and password for the account”. Even after changing the popup setting, I failed to add my Yahoo account. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue?
Smart Solution – Add Yahoo Mail to Outlook Application
The below steps will describe how to add Yahoo mail to Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 accounts with the help of the SysTools Yahoo Backup Tool. This tool is very advanced and supports multiple features such as you can take backup and deleting all Yahoo Mail at once.
- Download and install software that allows to export Yahoo email to Outlook PST file format.
- Import the converted PST files to Outlook Account
A. Steps to Convert Yahoo data items via Tool
- Run the tool and log in with your Yahoo mail account.
- Choose PST format to save Yahoo emails to computer.
- Click Browse to select the desired location of the resultant file.
- Click Start to add Yahoo Mail to the Outlook process.
B. Import the Converted PST files to Outlook Account
Once the Yahoo data items are converted into PST formats, the below steps describe how to add Yahoo mail PST files to Outlook 2016, 2019, and 2021 accounts.
- Open MS Outlook 2016, 2019, 2021, go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Then, the Import and Export Wizard will appear, select Import from another program or file, and click Next.
- From the Import a File window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Click Browse from the Import Outlook Data File window and select the PST file to import.
- Now, select the desired options and click Next.
- Select the location of the PST file and Check the Include subfolders option.
- Finally, click Finish which will import the Yahoo PST file to the Outlook account.
Migration from cloud-based email applications to desktop-based is always in search as there is a risk of data loss. Therefore in order to add Yahoo Mail to Outlook, a user can try the methods discussed above. Various techniques are listed so that if anyone fails you in the attempt the other can lead you to success. Either technique is processed, and you can easily migrate Yahoo emails into Outlook files. In the above article, we discussed How to add a Yahoo Mail Account to Outlook 2021 / 2019 / 2016 / 2013 application by both methods.