If you happen to work with PDF in your workplace, you must have stuck with the need to convert PDF to text. Though many PDF to text converters are available, they either lack important features or are too costly.
We have shortlisted some of the best PDF to text convertors that are excellent in functioning and are either free or available at affordable prices. Let’s have a look at them!
Top 5 Best PDF to Text Converters You Can’t-Miss
After testing lots of PDF to text converters, we have gathered the best five PDF to text converters that you should not miss out on!
UPDF is your best buddy for the effortless conversion of PDF to text. It has wider compatibility, supporting Windows (7 or above), Mac (macOS 100.l14 and above), iOS (14.0 and above), and Android (5.0 and above).
UPDF is one of the best PDF to txt converters known out there! It uses advanced OCR technology to convert scanned documents into editable text. This technology supports 23 different languages to ensure accurate conversion of scanned PDF text to real text. This feature distinguishes it from all other PDF convertors.
Its features aren’t limited to conversion only; you can also edit, annotate, share, print, organize, and protect PDFs using this amazing all-in-one PDF tool. With its wider compatibility and bundles of features, it’s the best PDF highlighter, converter, editor, organizer, etc., that you should not skip on!
- It enables conversion into 14 different file formats
- Allows editing text, from adding and deleting to changing font size, color and style. Enables editing images; you can rotate, crop, add, or delete them
- With this amazing PDF tool, you can protect your PDF using open and protected password
- You can annotate PDFs, add comments, bookmarks, etc.
- Organizing and splitting PDF pages is also accessible
- Supports 13 different languages
- Has broader compatibility
- Doesn’t encounter any error or glitch
- All-in-one solution for all PDF tools
PDF2Go is another prominent name in the world of PDF to txt converters. This online tool is compatible with Windows, etc.; however, the offline app is available only for Windows.
It also uses OCR to convert scanned PDFs to text effectively, and technology supports various languages, including English, French, Arabic, Indonesian, Portuguese, etc. This technology eliminates the need to copy text from the scanned document by hand.
Besides converting PDF o text, it can also convert PDF to Word, JPG, PowerPoint, and Excel. You can also use it to convert other file formats like JPG, Excel, EPU, etc.
- You can use it to convert PDF to four different file formats.
- You can edit PDFs, add text, highlight, watermarks, etc.
- It also helps you protect PDFs from unauthorized access and unlock a secured PDF.
- Just upload your PD file on their website and compress it to your desired size.
- Besides all these, you can merge and split PF and add, delete, or organize its pages.
- Malware-free, ensure worriless conversions
- Use it to convert PDF to text wherever you want, in-home, office, etc.
- Doesn’t indulge users in complicated series of steps
- To use OCR technology, you have to purchase their Premium plan
- Its interface can be more delightful
3. PDF it All
PDF it All is compatible with iPhones, iPad, and iPad touch (iOS 33.0 and above) and Mac (macOS 11.0 and above). This fantastic app can be downloaded from the Apple apps store.
With PDF it All, you can convert your Word text file into PDF. It’s an amazing tool for PDF conversion as well as PDF compression. Besides conversion from Word to PDF. You can also convert other formats, like Excel, photos, etc., to PDF using this conversion app.
Want to convert your favorite web page to a PDF file? Use PDF it All’s built-in browser to quickly convert your desired web page into PDF. Additionally, it can digitalize your photos and let you make your own PDF using its editing feature.
You can compress your PDF to your required size and edit it the way you like. Moreover, you can also merge multiple PDFs into one larger one and split a larger one into several smaller ones. Briefly, it’s the solution to all PDF-related issues for Mac users.
- It allows conversions from PowerPoint, Excel, Word, photos, and web pages to PDF.
- Using it, you can reduce your PDF size by up to 90%.
- You can also edit PDF by removing, rotating, and signing the PDF.
- It enables users to merge, split, share, print, and unlock PDFs on Mac.
- Want to merge your PDF files? PDF it All’s merging feature is there for you!
- Supports different file formats
- Perform conversions in a mere second
- Doesn’t use any external server, thus, ensuring to keep your files 100% safe.
- It provides features of several apps in one spot
- Not compatible with Windows and Android
- Includes in-app purchases
PDFPen is exclusively for Mac and iOS users. It’s one of the most powerful tools for PDF tools, but with a major drawback, as it’s not compatible with Windows and Android. However, Mac and iOS users can use it to resolve all of their PDF-related issues.
It also uses OCR technology to perform accurate conversion of scanned documents. It allows PDF conversion to various formats, including Image, Word, Rich Text, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Using PDFPen, you can convert PDF files to different formats fastly and accurately. OCR technology is a game changer for converting scanned documents to real text.
- OCR-converted files can be proofread easily in Word documents.
- It also enables editing PDFs; you can highlight, draw, and scribble text on your PDF.
- You can also sign your PDF and fill forms with this tool; just scribble your signature with a trackpad or mouse.
- You can also organize PD pages, adding, removing, rotating, or just dragging them to re-order.
- Simple and easy to use
- Allow conversions to all office formats
- Supports OCR technology
- Has a user-friendly and straightforward graphic interface, perfect for beginners
- Not compatible with Windows and Android
- It’s not free and can’t label pages
5. UniPDF PDF to Text Converter
UniPDF PDF to text converter is compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7. This amazing tool for Windows is ideal for PDF to text conversions.
UniPDF PDF to txt converter features both a free and a paid version. It provides users with a wide range of flexibility; you can choose from converting particular PDF pages to text and choose different settings like page type and size of the output-converted file.
This award-winning PDF to Text conversion tool helps convert Adobe files to Docx, PDF, RTF, and other file formats.
- It’s an ideal software for the conversion of PDF to text.
- Allows conversion of Adobe files to PDF, RTF, and other formats
- The converted text file is editable.
- You can convert multiple PDF files together in a batch
- After completion of the conversion, you can either choose between opening the converted file or copying its path
- Efficiently preserve original file format, layout, and original data
- Supports different languages
- Has a cloud-based conversion engine to ensure the smooth and fast process conversion
- Reliable to use
- Has a bit difficult to use the interface
- Only allows three free conversions per day
That was all about the five best PDF to text converters that ensure the best conversion experience; being free to use or affordable. However, out of all the five, what we found most practical and useful was the UPDF! It’s because, with a delightful, user-friendly interface and broad compatibility, it boosts lots of features, including PDF conversion, editing, annotating, organizing, protecting, and more. Read more