This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated a tiny bit if you make a purchase after clicking on the links. The Savor Summer College Scholarship winners thank you!
The Burger King Scholars from the McLamore Foundation
Students applying for the Burger King Scholars award have a chance to win $1000 OR MORE for college!
Did you know that up to $50,000 is actually available for Burger King Scholars? That’s right, there are multiple Burger King scholarships for students who meet the requirements.
Here are all the important details:
- There are several awards offered, the number is determined by how many students apply
- Most are a $1000 non-renewable award, but the James W. McLamore Whopper scholarship is up to $50,000 for the most highly qualified students
- Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada
- Open to high school seniors or Burger King employees, spouse/domestic partner of an employee or child of an employee
- Students must have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher (3.3 and above for the Whopper Scholarship)
- Employees of Burger King and their families ARE eligible to apply
- Online only application process
- Application period opens yearly on October 15 and closes on December 15
- Only the first 50,000 applicants are considered
Winning Tips: When you read deep into the Burger King Scholars eligibility guidelines, it is stated that the selection of the winners is based on 50% academic record and 50% participation in school and community activities. To be selected for the Whopper $50,000 scholarship, financial need is considered.
Only the first 50,000 applications are accepted, so apply early. Winners are notified by email and asked to submit additional information. If a student does not respond to the email, they become ineligible.
Since school and community activities are highly valued as a deciding factor for the Burger King Scholarship, students need to provide as much detailed information as possible about their work in and out of school.
Use the scholarship tips found here to submit a strong and memorable online-only application. Work experience is also an important consideration for the Burger King Scholarship, so students be sure to include specific information about your employment.
Go here for the Burger King Scholarship application instructions:
What are parents saying about the How to Win College Scholarships ebooks?
“Thank you, thank you, thank you! We got a big letter today…10K one-time check! It was a business major scholarship and I have no doubt his chances were increased by your cover letter and student resume ideas. I can never thank you enough!” B.D., Tennessee
Will you or your student apply for the Burger King Scholars college scholarship?
Monica Matthews is the author of How to Win College Scholarships. She helped her own son win over $100,000 in college scholarships and now shares her expertise with other parents and their students. She truly has “been there, done that” in regards to helping parents and students navigate the scholarship process.
Her method of helping students in finding college scholarships, writing unique and compelling scholarship essays, creating amazing scholarship application packets and more, have taught desperate parents to help their own students win thousands of scholarship dollars.
Monica’s scholarship tips have been featured on many prominent websites and she has been dubbed the “Go-To” expert on college scholarships.