Based on your business needs and efficiency, you can switch and convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop or Desktop to Online. Well, if you are thinking of moving from Online and Desktop and want to execute this conversion process with no errors, this article will help you. The conversion process may bump into a few errors or glitches, but we have bought up the solutions and easy steps to make you shift from QuickBooks Online to Desktop. It’s important to make it clear that when you are exporting QuickBooks Online to Desktop, you are fundamentally moving your QB company files from the Online mode to the Desktop one.
Also, you need to understand that the QuickBooks Online version and the QuickBooks Desktop mode have different functions and features. Therefore, while converting QuickBooks from one version to another, you need to consider many things, plus solve the in-between coming errors.
We hope this article will help you as a comprehensive guide while converting your QuickBooks Online version to QuickBooks Desktop. Still, if you think you need an expert’s assistance, then contact us at 1.855.738.2784. Our QuickBooks experts team will efficiently conclude the conversion process with no bugs and errors.
How QuickBooks Desktop Is A Better Version Than QuickBooks Online?
Switching from QuickBooks Online to the Desktop version can be beneficial for users because of the following factors:
- When users are running the QuickBooks Desktop version, it allows them to utilize the customized apps for their different tasks.
- Managing inventories and job costing can be tiresome for large-scale businesses. But QuickBooks Desktop helps such businesses with desired and effective outcomes.
- QuickBooks Desktop is considered safer than the Online version as the company data is stored on your computer rather than in the cloud.
- Paying monthly charges for QuickBooks Online can be avoided.
- QuickBooks Online makes it impossible to handle multiple company files and create various accounts for different tasks. But QuickBooks Desktop allows this for users.
What Errors Can Trouble Your QuickBooks Online To Desktop Conversion?
The following errors may trouble you while switching from QBO to QBDT. We have also given the solutions to rectify the errors. Continue reading carefully!
Error 1 – Couldn’t Access The Export Data Option
The error arrives when the settings drop-down doesn’t load accurately in IE.
Step 1 – Log into your QuickBooks Online account in IE. After this, go to the URL bar and replace “/app/homepage” with “/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt.”
Step 2: Once you replace it, press the Enter button.
Step 3: By this, you will head to the Export Data page. Once reached, access the Export Data option.
Error 2 – Couldn’t Find The Task List
Users who encounter this problem could see a error message that reads, “Congratulations! Your QuickBooks Online Simple Start date is ready to be downloaded.” Now the issue here is that email informs users that whenever they log into their QBO account, they will receive the task to download the file. But in actuality, there is no task list as such.
Repeat the solution that has been performed for error 1 to export the data again. There you will see the option to download the task list file.
Error 3 – Couldn’t See The “Convert Now” Option
When you don’t see the security certificate prompt automatically in the Download data process with the “Convert Now” button, it’s a glitch. And even after manual attempts, the page won’t let you accept the security certificate prompt.
Step 1- To rectify this error, you have to shut down both IE and QB Desktop.
Step 2 – Now, continue and give right-click on the IE shortcut, and then select “Run as Administrator.”
Step 3 – After this, you have to repeat this procedure for the QuickBooks Desktop version.
Step 4 – In the final step, perform the backup file downloading followed by the converting process. You will get the “Convert Button” now.
Easy Steps To Convert QBO To QBDT
As mentioned above, the QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop conversion fundamentally requires the moving of company files from QBO to QBDT. Here are the steps to export data files from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1 – Set Up The Internet Explorer
- Open internet explorer on your Windows computer to begin with, the step. After this, in the top right corner, you will see the Tools option; click on it, and select Internet Options.
- Once you will land under the Security tab, click and select Trusted Sites, and then give click on the Sites button.
- Here, ensure to uncheck Require server verification for all sites in this zone check box, and in the Add field box, type *.intuit.com, and click Add to add it.
- Once you add *.intuit.com, click on the Close button followed by unchecking the Enable Protect Mode.
- Continue clicking on Apply, selecting Okay, and lastly, exit Internet Explorer. Now, go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon, give right-click on it, and then select Run as Administrator.
- For Internet Explorer, repeat step 5 and run it again as an Administrator.
Step 2 – Export Data From QBO
- Open your QuickBooks Online application account to click on the Gear icon. You will see there the Tools list. Under this list, click on the Export Data option.
- Now select and click on Get Started and followed by clicking on Continue. In the next window, click on the Continue to Download button.
- After clicking on Download, select your preferred location on the computer system to store your company file. Once the file gets downloaded, click on the Convert Now button.
- Here, you will get a pop-up for Create a new QuickBooks File, save this file on your Desktop, giving it a name.
- After the procedure comes to an end, click on Finished.
Steps To Convert QuickBooks Online To QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, you have to select the Export Data option in QuickBooks Online from the Settings tab.
- Repeat the same steps of exporting data from QuickBooks Online. After this, choose “Prepare to export the QuickBooks Online Data.” Download the file from the QuickBooks Online page and click to Continue the downloading process.
- After this, open the QuickBooks Desktop page by making sure that you have landed on the no company open screen. If it is so, then close the company option by reviewing the opened file.
- Now, download the company file back to QuickBooks Online and save the same by updating its location as well.
- Ensure that the location of the file is different from Windows Desktop, and after finishing the downloading process, move ahead to the Convert Now tab.
- You will see an option saying, “Create a new QuickBooks File,” open it, and save the downloaded file there.
- Choose the location in the next window to save the file and give a name too. Make sure you do not choose any external network or drive to save the downloaded file.
- Finally, convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop by finishing the conversion process.
Need Expert Help? Contact Us Today!
Be it a large-scale or small-scale business, QuickBooks accounting software is one of the premium choices. If you wish to convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop, go through the above-mentioned steps and follow the solutions if any error hampers your conversion process. In case you feel that you need expert guidance, you are free to contact us at 1.855.738.2784. We are here to assist and help you. Contact us now!
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 1603